Sunday, October 2, 2011

Evolving Billboard Offers Smokers Hope

The Texas Department of State Health Services took an interesting twist on an old issue with a series of billboard ads that changed every two weeks.

Their "Quit Smoking. Get Healthier." campaign showed a series of lungs which were painted a lighter color every two weeks, demonstrating that it's never too late to make a healthy difference when you quit smoking.

The ever-changing image begs viewers to watch the story evolve before their eyes. But, perhaps even more importantly, this billboard offers a sense of hope. It promises that if you stop smoking, you will make a positive difference on your lungs ... and ultimately, on your life. 
 
 
Graphic? Yes.
Breakthrough? You bet.
Compelling? I sure hope so.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your post. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort on your blog. I appreciate your effort. Please check out my site.
    Child swim lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!
    __________________________
    Plakatanschlag

    ReplyDelete

Sue Northey - Find me on Bloggers.com