Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chevrolet Cruze Cruises Across Dictionary.Com

Earlier today when I was writing yet another blog entry, I scooted over to Dictionary.com to check the meaning of a word. When I got there, I was greeted with the Dictionary.com box floating in the middle of a Chevrolet Cruze ad.

Truthfully, I have seen advertising on this website before, so that's not what surprised me. To be honest, it was the color scheme, as well as the fact that the car was hidden from my view. The headline - The All-New Chevrolet Cruze - drew me in just enough that I had to scroll down the page to see what this new car looked like.

It was pretty obvious to me that Chevy hired a damn good photographer (or a damn good graphic design artist) to create this ad because .... well, because the car looks pretty damn good.

The name's pretty tantalizing, too. It hearkens up images of cruising the strip in your Chevy, just like they did in Animal House.












And in these depressing recessionary times, who doesn't want to conjure up images of the kinder, gentler days of the 50s and 60s?

2 comments:

  1. Sue interesting perspective on the Cruze. The car looks just as good in person (that red jewel color is awesome in the sun) The ad looks even better due to the angle and Im sure a litte graphic design work. Don't let all the publicity around the Volt fool you, this is the real car that will start to bring Chevy back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hopeful that Detroit (and specifically Chevy) has found its way back into the minds and hearts of U.S. consumers!

    ReplyDelete

Sue Northey - Find me on Bloggers.com